UA Performance Mouthpieces (non-impact sports and training) deliver a host of physical benefits that help you train harder and compete at a higher level than ever before. UA Performance Mouth guards (impact sports) provide those same benefits, with the added benefit of customised dental protection. This has been proven to increase strength, increase endurance, speed reaction times, reduce athletic stress and reduce impact and concussion.
A Summary of the Technology
- When under stress or strain during performance in sport, people tend to clench their teeth.
- Clenching pressure triggers the release of cortisol, a stress hormone that negatively impacts performance.
- UAPM reduces the release of cortisol by lessening pressure on the temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ), so athletes are calmer, more relaxed and more focused. They are also able to react faster.
- Placing UAPM in the mouth also opens the airway wider.
- A wider airway aids in oxygen exchange.
- Better oxygen exchange reduces lactic acid. Reduced lactic acid improves endurance.
TMD and Headaches
- Do you suffer from headaches, jaw pain, neck and shoulder pain, experience sinus problems or suffer from teeth grinding?
- Have your teeth and dental restorations been damaged by the opposite teeth?
- Are your teeth worn, sensitive, or gradually becoming loose despite good oral hygiene?
Some of these symptoms may be resolved if they are as a result of tooth grinding. Many patients come to us having suffered from headaches for years, taking painkillers with little or no effect and not realising that the problem is dental in origin. These problems may arise from malocclusion, or an unbalanced bite, resulting in damage within the mouth, or muscle and joint pain of the jaw.
During your initial consultation we will first assess the origin of your headaches / pain using the latest computerised T-scan technology and then discuss the possible treatment options for you.
Your treatment may include an NTI appliance or a night time acrylic splint, simple adjustments to the surfaces of the teeth and in some cases you may need orthodontic treatment or crowns and veneers to re-establish a new bite.
If you suffer from headaches, teeth grinding at night or any of the above symptoms feel free to give us a call on 01392 202242 to book a consultation.